• To conduct research both individually and collectively on various dimensions of university-level immersion, and to disseminate research findings.
• To organize an annual presentation concerning immersion intended for the university and the community at large under the umbrella of CCERBAL.
• To organize meetings and retreats to facilitate the organisation of international symposia and/or publication of reports.
• To share expertise with specialists from various post-secondary institutions and from other institutions in Canada and the world.
• To facilitate the integration of students interested in this area of research into ongoing research projects, ideally with project-based funding.