Linguistic Risk-Taking Research Group (LingRisk)
Linguistic Risk-Taking is a new initiative and a new research area in the CCERBAL portfolio. The goals of the Linguistic Risk-Taking Research Group are to:
- support innovative pedagogical approaches to authentic and autonomous language learning;
- generate and analyze research data related to linguistic risk-taking;
- engage in various training and knowledge dissemination activities;
- establish national and international partnerships with like-minded researchers and institutions who seek to promote bilingualism and multilingualism in various contexts; and
- integrate interdisciplinary perspectives from applied linguistics, education, psychology, health sciences, and beyond.
For more information about this research group, please email Prof. Nikolay Slavkov at LingRisk@uOttawa.ca. For more details about the current implementation of the Linguistic Risk-Taking Initiative at the University of Ottawa, please click here.